Mining & Infrastructure
The application of the correct geophysical techniques combined with expert analysis can add value to almost any geotechnical investigation. Whether conducting an initial site investigation to determine sub-surface structure or a more detailed investigation to determine geotechnical parameters for engineering purposes, GBGMAPS have the equipment and know-how to help.
GBGMAPS have the capability and experience to carry out a range of geophysical methods for common problems such as;
- Seismic methods for determining geotechnical parameters including shear modulus and Young's modulus.
- Stratigraphic profiling for bedrock depth and hardness for directional drilling, trenching, road/rail cuttings
- Stratigraphic profiling for sediment parameters including ground compaction
- Electrical resistivity and conductivity imaging to provide information on geology including location of cavities, boulder floaters, aquifers or fracture zones
- High resolution radar reflection imagery for shallow stratigraphy mapping and subsurface features including cavities, voiding, karst formations.
- Resistivity soundings to provide in-situ electrical properties for earthing design
- Down-hole geophysical logging for geotechnical, groundwater studies
- Cross-hole and down-hole seismic methods for geological modelling
- Delineation of magnetic ore bodies
- Geomorphology - sand layer, overburden thickness, alluvial deposits