GBGMAPS offers a full range of geophysical services tailored to Greenfield and Brownfield land development sites. The acquisition of geophysical data has been shown to reduce site uncertainty thereby reducing risk and costs associated with unplanned remediation works and variations in earthworks.
Developed to improve upon traditional geotechnical site assessment, GBGMAPS can provide subsurface information at land development sites using a range of geophysical methods as well as standard geotechnical test methods. Subsurface information provided includes:
- Depth to bedrock and overlying sand/soil profiling
- Determination of bedrock parameters (rock strength, rippability)
- Determination of soil parameters (compaction, layer stiffness)
- Identification of karst features (sink holes, caves)
- Coastal erosional studies
- Environmental assessments including mapping of soil contaminants and uncontrolled fill