Environmental & Groundwater
Environmental geophysics covers a wide of variety applications ranging from locating unexploded ordnance at former military sites to targeting geological sequences with high groundwater yields. GBGMAPS has the knowledge and experience to design geophysical surveys best suited to detect the often subtle targets during environmental investigations.
Environmental investigations where geophysical methods have proven to be invaluable include:
- Mapping of geological sequences for groundwater
- Assessment of dry land salinity and groundwater studies
- Delineation of landfill extents, fill base and capping thickness
- Mapping of uncontrolled fill such as buried waste drums
- Location of remnant subsurface infrastructure
- Location of unexploded ordnance (UXOs)
- Delineation of inorganic contaminant plumes.
- Detection of abandoned mine workings and mine shafts
- Tree root mapping